Attending prom is one of those U.S. traditions that can really make or break a high school experience for some students, so what better way to shine a spotlight on your attendance than by getting a celebrity to go with you as your date? Sure, it’s an unrealistic dream for the vast majority of attendees, but every now and then a celeb will come through and show up for a dance or two. Scroll on to check out celebs like Rihanna, Kylie Jenner, Justin Bieber, and more -- all of which got a chance to either re-live their days as a high schooler or, for some, experience prom for the very first time.
1. When Katy Perry crashed a prom in Melbourne, Australia she gave an impromptu performance of Beyonce’s, “Single Ladies”.
2. Taylor Swift attended prom at a high school in Alabama on an episode of MTV’S Once Upon A Prom.
3. Rihanna was also featured on this show as one lucky fan’s date!
4. Kylie Jenner (with Jordyn Woods by her side) showed up at a Sacramento, CA high school to attend prom with a fan who had previously been rejected by the girl he had originally asked.
5. Vanessa Hudgens went to prom with a 17-year-old student who had been battling cancer.
6. In 2015, Justin Bieber popped into Chatsworth Charter High School’s prom while he was en route to the recording studio.
Photo: Getty Images